Additional National Institutes of Health approval may also be needed before initiation of a project and before CFAR funds are disbursed.
Studies With an International Component
- Please use this checklist form when submitting any international studies for clearance: International Studies Checklist (for all CFAR-Supported International Studies) (MS Word)
- Please refer to this document for Guidance on Research Objectives for CFAR-supported international studies, including human subjects' protection and examples (adapted from Fogarty): Research Objectives Guidelines (for CFAR-Supported International Studies) (MS Word).
- Please see Guidance for India projects for guidance on projects in India.
- Please see Guidance for Brazil projects for guidance on projects in Brazil.
Studies With a Clinical Component
- Please refer to this revised Guidance on CFAR Clinical Research Studies (MS Word) for CFAR-funded clinical research.
- Please use this revised checklist form when submitting for clearance any clinical research studies above minimal risk or in vulnerable populations: Clinical Research Studies Checklist (For Studies Above Minimal Risk or Vulnerable Populations) (MS Word)