Some links will work for NIAID staff only.
To deactivate a program announcement (PA) that has achieved its objectives.
NIAID automatically deactivates PAs after three years, though program officers can decide to terminate early or renew them. Please note that we do not give topics identified in inactive PAs special consideration for funding beyond normal paylines.
- Check NIAID’s Funding Opportunity Announcements list to find our active PAs. Though PAs are published in the NIH Guide, the Guide also houses inactive PAs so our list may be more useful to you.
- Generally issue PAs that expire within a defined period, typically three years.
- Can decide to renew a PA after its three-year term. To renew, follow the initiative process to create a new announcement. See the Program Announcements (PA) SOP.
- To deactivate a PA early, draft a notice to be published in the NIH Guide using the Template Instructions in the NIH Guide Publishing System.
- Send your draft notice to your division contact, who will forward it for review to Contact for NIAID Staff.
Office of Extramural Research Policy and Operations Staff
- Review program's draft notice before sending it for publication in the NIH Guide.
Applicants with questions should talk to the program officer listed in the funding opportunity announcement.
Contact for NIAID Staff—DAIDS
If you have knowledge to share or want more information on this topic, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of this page or its URL and your question or comment. Thanks for helping us clarify and expand our knowledge base.
For additional NIAID PA inactivation notices, search the NIH Guide.