VectorBase, one of the NIAID-funded Bioinformatics Resource Centers (BRC), provides genomic, phenotypic and population-centric data to the scientific community for invertebrate vectors of human pathogens.
More information about this resource is available at VectorBase
Main Areas of Focus
- To provide web-based resources to the scientific community, supporting basic and applied research on organisms causing emerging or re-emerging diseases
VectorBase contains a variety of data types, including:
- Reference and variant genome sequence, structural annotations (e.g., gene models, protein domains), and functional annotations
- Phenotypic and population data for traits such as insecticide resistance
In addition to data, VectorBase provides a wide range of analysis tools and services.
- Researchers can add transcript or protein data and submit population data.
Who Can Use This Resource
- Available for public use.
How To Get Started
- Register for free account on the VectorBase website.
- VectorBase holds training workshops throughout the year.