VectorBase, one of the NIAID-funded Bioinformatics Resource Centers (BRC), provides genomic, phenotypic and population-centric data to the scientific community for invertebrate vectors of human pathogens.
Main Areas of Focus
- To provide web-based resources to the scientific community, supporting basic and applied research on organisms causing emerging or re-emerging diseases
VectorBase contains a variety of data types, including:
- Reference and variant genome sequence, structural annotations (e.g., gene models, protein domains), and functional annotations
- Phenotypic and population data for traits such as insecticide resistance
In addition to data, VectorBase provides a wide range of analysis tools and services.
- Researchers can add transcript or protein data and submit population data.
Who Can Use This Resource
- Available for public use.
How To Get Started
- Register for free account on the VectorBase website.
VectorBase Virtual Lab Meeting
This is a private webinar for individuals or lab groups
VectorBase 2019 Webinar Series: Tool/Resource Specific
For those of you that want to learn more about VectorBase data, tools, and resources, we have created this VectorBase webinar series. Each session, except for the first one, will be accompanied with practice exercises and their corresponding answer key. You can attend just the webinars that interest you; however we encourage you to attend all as you will have a complete and comprehensive overview of VectorBase. There are seven events. Sign up is required but attendance is free. Registration ends the day before each webinar session. Each registered participant will receive an email with connection details.
VectorBase 2019 Webinar Series: Species/Group Specific
If you want to learn more about VectorBase data and tools, or to know when and which resources are available with an emphasis to a species or group, this VectorBase webinar series is for you. There are eight events. Sign up is required but attendance is free. Registration ends the day before each webinar session. Each registered participant will receive an email with connection details.
See the VectorBase outreach calendar for information about workshops.