Job Announcement Description
Health Scientist Administrator (Program Officer)
As a Health Scientist Administrator (Program Officer), you will perform the following tasks:
- Perform scientific and administrative reviews and analyses of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint.
- Consult with and advise grantees/contractors during preparation of applications/proposals and provide guidance on program issues.
- Develop, coordinate and administer grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts established to fulfill the mission of the Branch and Division.
- Visit universities, research institutions, commercial organizations, other government agencies, and public and private organizations to promote and explain the objectives of the program.
Health Scientist Administrator (Scientific Review Officer)
As a Health Scientist Administrator (Scientific Review Officer), you will perform the following tasks:
- Provide policy direction and coordination for the planning and execution of initial scientific and technical review conducted within the Institute or Center.
- Utilize scientific knowledge and expertise to perform a variety of management functions associated with the scientific peer review of IC research, research training support activities and other contract activities.
- Manage the initial scientific and administrative review of grant, program project grant, and training grant applications as well as research project applications submitted in response to requests for applications.
- Appoint and manage review panels, including the identification of qualified reviewers to evaluate all applications and proposals and make any recommendations from IC and NIH program officials, to assemble a balanced group of experts and consultants.
- Act as the sole Federal official and agency representative by guiding the activities of a review committee and ensuring continuity in their approach toward evaluating applications, proposals, and adherence to peer review policies and procedures.
HHS, NIH, and NIAID are equal opportunity employers.