The Vaccine Research Center is looking for adults 18 years of age and older to participate in trials evaluating vaccine and monoclonal antibodies
- Help researchers develop potentially lifesaving vaccines
- Contribute to the advancement of medicine
- Provide researchers with important scientific information in a safe and confidential environment
- Receive financial compensation for your time
How It Works
- An independent committee reviews all VRC studies for safety, ethics, and need before approving them for volunteer participation.
- When you contact the VRC, you will be asked a few questions about your health.
- If you meet certain criteria, a screening visit is scheduled in which you will undergo a blood draw and physical examination to determine your eligibility for a vaccine study.
- You will receive a consent form that explains the study in detail and in non-technical language.
- By signing the consent form, you are indicating that you understand the study and that you volunteer to participate. As a volunteer, you are free to withdraw from the study at any time.
- All volunteers are compensated for their participation.
Once you agree to participate, we will follow the steps below.
- You will have an initial interview.
- We will tell you about the study in detail.
- We will answer any questions you have to make sure that you understand everything involved with participating in our trial.
- You will read and sign a consent form for the study.
- We will ask you to complete a health questionnaire.
- You will receive a clinical exam that includes blood tests and a physical exam.
- Over the period of a few weeks or months (depending on the trial), you will receive a vaccination or a series of vaccinations.
- You will be asked to keep a record of any physical reaction you have to the vaccine.
- We will monitor the effects of the vaccine through periodic blood tests.
- You will also receive physical examinations while you are participating in the trial.
If you are interested in volunteering to participate in a clinical study, please call us at 866-833-LIFE (5433) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you information about our clinical studies and follow up with you to answer any questions.
Read More About the Research
Learn more about the work being done at NIAID’s Vaccine Research Center.