The NIAID Partnership for Access to Clinical Trials (PACT) is a collaboration in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area that connects health care providers and their patients with researchers at NIAID who are conducting clinical trials at the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
The primary goal of the collaboration is to increase access to research by people who may be underrepresented in clinical trials. All services provided by the PACT program to the patients are free of charge.
Major Area of Focus
- Educate patients, health care providers, and community groups about clinical trials
- Determine potential eligibility to join the clinical trials
- Facilitate referral to and participation in the clinical trials
- Maintain relationships with patients and health care providers
Benefits to Patients
- Information about treatment options and available clinical research studies
- Assistance with enrolling in a clinical trial
- Support for the duration of the study
Benefits to Healthcare Providers
- Access to infectious disease and community experts from PACT and NIAID
- Assistance with the study referral process
- Help with patient care and clinical support
The PACT program is contracted through MMG, Inc., for the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Division of Intramural Research, under contract HHSN272201 100033C.