The Division of Clinical Research (DCR) plays an integral role in facilitating the efficient and effective performance of NIAID research programs on both the domestic and the international level. This is accomplished through a multi-faceted approach to the provision and support of services vital to the research infrastructure that include oversight and management of intramural clinical research, program planning and management, regulatory monitoring and compliance, statistical consultation and research methodology, and clinical research capacity building.
DCR vision is to facilitate high quality, state-of-the-art NIAID clinical research in the areas of allergic, immunologic, and infectious diseases. DCR provides multi-disciplinary trans-NIAID services for facilitating clinical research and managing special projects as directed by NIAID leadership.
Latest News Releases
- NIAID and Children’s National Partner to Advance Pediatric Clinical Research
September 17, 2018
NIAID Now Blog
- Biostatistics Research Branch
- Collaborative Clinical Research Branch
- Intramural Clinical Management and Operations Branch
- Office of Chief Scientist, Integrated Research Facility
- Office of Clinical Research Policy and Regulatory Operations
- Office of Planning and Operations Support
- Program Planning and Analysis Branch
- Organizational Chart
Also see a list of DCR Contacts.
NIAID encourages partnerships among other agencies and foundations, private industry, federal and local government, and other organizations with similar goals to help build and sustain research infrastructure and to translate and implement research findings as public health practices.
Such partnerships ensure that the research will lead to findings that are ultimately feasible and meaningful for impacted communities. NIAID is deeply committed to local and international research collaboration that are mutually beneficial and scientifically productive.