“Must I be a U.S. citizen to apply for an NIAID Career Transition Award?”

Funding News Edition: July 20, 2022
See more articles in this edition

To apply for an NIAID Career Transition Award (K22, Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed), you must be a biomedical or behavioral postdoctoral scientist with a research doctorate (Ph.D.) or clinical doctorate (e.g., M.D., D.V.M.), with no more than five years of postdoctoral training experience at the time of K22 submission or resubmission with plans to transition to a full-time assistant professorship (tenure-track or equivalent) at a U.S. academic institution.

By the time of award, you must be a citizen or a non-citizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence (i.e., possess a currently valid Permanent Resident Card USCIS Form I-551, or other legal verification of such status). Refer to Section III. Eligibility Information.

Contact Us

Email us at deaweb@niaid.nih.gov for help navigating NIAID’s grant and contract policies and procedures.

Content last reviewed on