Funding News Edition: July 20, 2022 See more articles in this edition
Chances are you have accrued educational debt on the way to being a health professional. If you need help in easing some of that debt, consider the NIH Loan Repayment Programs (LRPs).
To be eligible, you must be a doctoral-level clinician or researcher who’s committed to conducting NIH-qualified clinical research. If NIH approves your application, we will repay up to $50,000 each year toward your qualified educational debt, as explained in Eligibility & Programs.
NIAID supports the following LRPs:
- NOT-OD-22-148, Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Clinical Researchers (LRP-CR)
- NOT-OD-22-149, Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Pediatric Research (LRP-PR)
- NOT-OD-22-150, Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Health Disparities Research (LRP-HDR)
- NOT-OD-22-153, Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Research in Emerging Areas Critical to Human Health (LRP-REACH)
LRP Resources and Links
- NIH Repays Your Student Loans summarizes the Program.
- Application Process Interactive Roadmap covers key decision points and guidance at each juncture.
- Tips for Writing a Competitive LRP Application provides helpful pointers as well as common reasons why LRP applications aren’t funded.
- LRP Ambassador Program helps you connect to a network of former and current awardees who can share their experiences with you and advise you on preparing a strong application. We encourage you to consider becoming an ambassador, too.
Application and Contact Information
You must have an eRA Commons ID to submit your LRP application. Submit your application electronically through the NIH LRP website. This year’s application window begins on September 1, 2022, and ends November 17, 2022.
Find more application instructions and details at NIAID Loan Repayment Programs.
For additional assistance contact the LRP Information Center at 866-849-4047 or email@example.com. For more information about NIAID’s participation in LRPs, contact AITrainingHelpDesk@niaid.nih.gov or 301-594-5945.