Funding News Edition: March 03, 2021 See more articles in this edition
Are you looking for updates about COVID-19 vaccines? Interested in volunteering in a clinical trial (CT) but want more information? Check out NIH’s new COVID-19 Research website to follow the latest scientific and research findings, clinical trial volunteer guidance, grant funding data, and vaccine and treatment news.
Some of the site’s most useful features include:
- Latest COVID-19 testing, treatment, and vaccine news filtered by topics of interest
- Behind-the-scenes information on the development of COVID-19 vaccines
- Resources about COVID-19 clinical trials and how to find a clinical trial near you
- Open funding opportunities for COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 research
- An interactive map of funded projects filtered by state and congressional districts
The website also indexes materials related to NIH’s continued research response to the pandemic, further described below.
Discover NIH’s Response to COVID-19
NIH’s COVID-19 Strategic Plan provides a framework for expediting research and funding support for testing, therapies, and vaccines.
NIH’s Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics (RADx) initiative has expedited developing and distributing COVID-19 tests across the country, and the public-private partnership Accelerating COVID-19 Therapeutic Interventions and Vaccines (ACTIV) coordinates COVID-19 response efforts across multiple government agencies and industries.
This coordinated response is critical in detecting, treating, and preventing COVID-19.