Funding News Edition: March 17, 2021 See more articles in this edition
Foreign institutions, take advantage of our new Template for Foreign Institutions—Manual of Operations for Research Awards to document your roles and processes for sponsored research grants and cooperative agreements. You can download the template as a starting point, then edit and customize as needed.
The Manual offers examples of standard operating procedures (SOPs), links to useful websites, and other resources. The SOPs are organized by phase:
- Pre-award. Find funding opportunities, then follow steps and checklists to develop and submit a grant application or proposal.
- Post-award. Manage your research awards and oversee expenditures, required reports, travel, financial conflict of interest, and more through final closeout.
Processes in the Manual are intentionally generic to support your interactions with a variety of typical public and private funding sources, not just NIH or NIAID. You can add notes to capture any unique requirements from your sponsor.
We thank the following organizations for contributing examples to the Manual:
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research, University of Ghana, Ghana
- Centre for Infectious Disease Research, Zambia
- Institut Pasteur de Tunis, Tunisia
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
Direct your questions about the Manual or NIAID foreign awards to AITrainingHelpDesk@niaid.nih.gov.