Funding News Edition: January 19, 2022 See more articles in this edition
NIH invites you to send suggestions and feedback on its 2019 Strategic Plan for Trans-NIH Research To Cure Hepatitis B. Respond through the Request for Information (RFI) on or before January 31, 2022.
As NIH announced in the RFI, the Plan aligns with ongoing NIH efforts to intensify innovative hepatitis B research. Three major sections of NIH’s Plan detail the following Strategic Priorities for a cure:
- Improve Understanding of Hepatitis B Biology
- Develop Tools and Resources
- Create Hepatitis B Cure and Prevention Strategies
NIH suggests the following topics for your comments, though you are not limited to these:
- Recent significant research advances in hepatitis B as well as in other areas that could have implications for the development of a hepatitis B cure
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on hepatitis B research and possible solutions
- Emerging research questions and/or barriers
- Resources necessary to advance basic, translational, and clinical research to cure hepatitis B
NIH will use your comments to inform an upcoming revision of the Strategic Plan for Trans-NIH Research To Cure Hepatitis B.
Your responses to this RFI are voluntary and should be no more than 500 words. Do not include any proprietary, classified, or confidential information. Find full instructions in the RFI linked above, and use the RFI Response Form.