Funding News Edition: February 17, 2021 See more articles in this edition
Check out how 10 companies advanced their innovative technologies with NIAID small business award funds, then learn how to share your own success story.
Our NIAID Small Business Program Success Stories page collects and summarizes the 10 most recent NIAID awardee stories from NIH’s central Small Business Success Stories portal. As we go to press, NIAID’s page lists the following:
- BlueWillow Biologics—Vaccine Company Develops Nasal Antiseptic That Kills Coronavirus in Lab Studies (June 30, 2020)
- Lyndra Therapeutics—Weekly Pill Formulation Could Help Treat Schizophrenia, HIV, Malaria, and More (June 10, 2020)
- Actuated Medical—Using Vibrations in Medical Devices (April 14, 2020)
- Sylvatica Biotech—Advances in Cryo Medicine Could Extend the Shelf Life of Donated Organs (March 20, 2020)
- GigaGen—Pharmaceutical Company Aims To Develop Better Drugs for Immune System Disorders (March 16, 2020)
- InDevR—Fast and Accurate Vaccine Potency Testing on a Machine the Size of a Desktop Printer (February 14, 2020)
- Diagnostics for the Real World—A Molecular Test at the End of a Dirt Road—HIV Testing for the Resource Poor (February 9, 2020)
- Mapp BioPharmaceutical—BioPharm Company Tackles “Neglected” Infectious Diseases (January 31, 2020)
- ImmuNext—Small Company Makes Big Strides in Treating Autoimmune Diseases and Cancers (January 31, 2020)
- Sanaria—Envisioning a World Without Malaria (January 8, 2020)
Are you a current or past NIAID small business innovation research or small business technology transfer awardee? We encourage you to Provide a Success Story of your own. In addition, inform your program officer and email NIAIDSBIR@mail.nih.gov.
Learn more about NIAID Small Business Programs and contact the NIAID Small Business Program Team. The Team shares information, opportunities, and advice through NIAID Email Updates. To subscribe, open the Research Funding category, then NIAID Funding Opportunities, and choose Small Business Awards.