“If I switch institutions, will I need a new eRA Commons account?”

Funding News Edition: August 17, 2022
See more articles in this edition

Only if you are a signing official or have another administrative role. If you are a principal investigator, scientist, or trainee, you should keep a single eRA Commons account throughout your research career and ask your signing official to update your affiliation when you switch institutions. You can be affiliated with more than one institution at the same time.

If you are locked out of your eRA Commons account, do not create a new profile! Duplicate accounts can cause technical errors and undermine the accuracy of NIH data and reporting.

Signing officials, refer to Affiliate Account and Unaffiliate Account for instructions on managing user accounts associated with your institution.

Contact Us

Email us at deaweb@niaid.nih.gov for help navigating NIAID’s grant and contract policies and procedures.

Content last reviewed on