Funding News Edition: May 05, 2021 See more articles in this edition
Applicants and offerors, take advantage of NIH’s updated training and other guidance on how to prepare your Vertebrate Animals Section (VAS). Although some of the following VAS resources are labeled for reviewers, they can help you gain insights into what to do and what reviewers will expect to find.
Find your new VAS training options here:
- Reviewer Training Module—a quick 3-minute overview
- Online Training Module—the full 20- or 30-minute course
The Vertebrate Animals Section page covers applicability, instructions, responsibilities, and more. It also offers tools and resources such as the following:
- VAS Checklist (DOC)
- Required VAS Criteria Cheat Sheet (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Grant Application VAS Worksheet (PDF)
- Contract Proposal VAS Worksheet (PDF)
- Preparing the VAS Factsheet (PDF)
For more background information on animals in research, check the NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) website. NIAID also offers guidance for applicants and grantees on Research Using Vertebrate Animals.
Direct your questions on the VAS to OLAW staff at Contact Us.