The specimen repositories are a collaboration between the ACTG and IMPAACT clinical trial networks to make the large body of specimens collected for HIV research available to investigators.
The specimens stored at the repositories were initially collected for specific studies that have concluded, and are now available to investigators conducting new research.
More information about this resource is available at The Specimen Repositories
Main Areas of Focus
- The study, research, and treatment of HIV and related infections
- To make the large body of specimens collected for HIV research available to investigators
- Database to search for specimens
- Specimen repository
Who Can Use This Resource
- The database is open for the public to search.
- See the Specimen Repositories website for eligibility requirements to order specimens.
How To Get Started
- To obtain specimens from the repositories, you must submit a research proposal to the network that collected the specimens.
- This proposal will be reviewed by the network.
- If the proposal is approved, the network will work with you to help you obtain the specimens that you need.