What services does this resource provide?
The BEI Resources Repository is a central repository that supplies organisms and reagents to the broad community of microbiology and infectious diseases researchers.
Materials are available through an online catalog.
There is no charge for research materials, but domestic investigators will be required to pay for shipping costs.
- Users, domestic or foreign, must be a principal investigator, laboratory director, or equivalent in a public or academic institution, or a director of research or equivalent in a private or for-profit institution.
- Users must work in an established institution with appropriate facilities and safety programs for the appropriate level of registration requested.
- Users need not be a grantee of NIAID or another National Institutes of Health Institute or Center.
Assurances to Users
- All information provided to the contractor will be treated as confidential.
- Users will be required to sign a Materials Transfer Agreement, an agreement that governs the exchange of research materials and tools.
- Forms are provided for deposits of materials in order to protect the intellectual property of the depositor by establishing ownership of the materials and distribution rights.
Application and Approval Process
Step 1 – Register to place an order.
Step 2 – Place your order through the online catalog.
All requests by registered users within specified quantity limits are automatically approved by NIAID. Larger amounts may be provided with justification and NIAID approval.
- Some materials may require permits before they are shipped according to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Users should acknowledge NIAID in any publication resulting from the use of this service.