An effective and widely available vaccine will be central to any global strategy to slow and end the HIV pandemic. Recognizing the need for increased cooperation, 30+ international organizations joined forces, forming the Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise (Enterprise), a voluntary alliance of public and private partners committed to working together, while maintaining independent decision-making authority.
Main Areas of Focus
- Supply directional, logistical and operational support to the Enterprise alliance
- Implement Enterprise's vision for strategic improvements in the field
- Open channels for stakeholders to raise strategic matters, and see them addressed
- Kevin W. Ryan, Deputy Director, Vaccine Research Program, DAIDS
- Mary Marovich, Director, Vaccine Research Program, DAIDS
- Carl Dieffenbach, Director, DAIDS
64 Beaver Street, # 352
New York, NY 10004
A limited number of travel scholarships may be available to support attendance by junior scientists at the biannual HIV Research for Prevention (HIVAR4P) scientific conference.
GHAVE sponsors the biannual HIV Research for Prevention (HIVR4P) global conference that supports cross-fertilization among research on HIV vaccines, microbicides, PrEP, treatment as prevention, and other biomedical prevention approaches, while also providing a venue to discuss the research findings, questions, and priorities specific to each.