HVTN provides structured mentorship and project funding to investigators working on HIV vaccines.
More information about this resource is available at HVTN Scholar Awards
Main Areas of Focus
- To recruit and retain a new generation of HIV vaccine researchers
- To attract and retain promising young investigators interested in improving Non-Human Primate (NHP) models that support preventive HIV vaccine development
- Research and Mentorship Program (RAMP): Aims to recruit and retain a new generation of HIV vaccine researchers by providing structured mentorship and project funding to minority medical students
- Not currently enrolling new scholars. Early stage investigators interested in conducting NHP translational research are eligible for the HIV/AIDS Scholars Using Nonhuman Primate (NHP) Models Program and the HVTN Translational HIV ESI Conference
- The Specimen Repository is a collaboration between several clinical trial networks to make the larger body of specimens collected for HIV research available to all investigators, including HVTN scholars
Who Can Use This Resource
- RAMP Scholars: Open to African American/Black and Latino/a U.S. medical students
How To Get Started
- Visit the HVTN website for information on how to apply.
- Contact information can be found at HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN)