The International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials (IMPAACT) Early Career Investigator Mentored Research program aims to support the development of early career investigators to enter the field of maternal/child HIV research and advance the mission of the IMPAACT Network. In coordination with mentors, early career investigators are invited to propose a project that takes advantage of data and/or samples generated by the IMPAACT Network.
Successful applicants will be funded for 24 months, subject to certain restrictions.
Main Areas of Focus
- To develop early career investigators to enter the field of maternal/child HIV research and advance the mission of the IMPAACT Network
- Early career investigators are provided funding to cover a portion of their time and expenses including travel and research materials/supplies.
Who Can Use This Resource
- Investigator within 10 years of completion of training (from terminal degree or residency training)
- Currently an Instructor/Lecturer, Assistant Professor or equivalent at their institution
- Engaged in participant-oriented research