The main purpose of the International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials (IMPAACT) Laboratory Center is to support the network’s scientific agenda by providing state of the art laboratory testing in support of clinical trials, new works concept sheets (NWCS), and data analysis concept sheets (DACS); designing and evaluating new assays to elucidate pathogenesis; and providing scientific support to the network.
More information about this resource is available at IMPAACT Laboratory Center
Main Areas of Focus
- Collecting, testing, and reporting results from biological samples
- Assisting in the development and quality assurance assessment of local laboratory capacity at the Clinical Trials Units (CTUs) participating in IMPAACT studies
- Identifying and implementing state-of-the-art assays and technologies to advance IMPAACT scientific agenda
- Biological sample testing
- Quality assurance development and assessment
- Assay development
- Laboratory guidance documents
- Laboratory resources for quality management
Who Can Use This Resource
- Researchers working on IMPAACT-funded clinical trials
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- The IMPAACT Laboratory Center holds an annual retreat.