The IRD, one of the NIAID-funded Bioinformatics Resource Centers, provides a suite of tools for analysis of all types of influenza data and a personal work bench on which each scientist can store lists of important data selected from that available on IRD.
More information about this resource is available at Influenza Research Database (IRD)
Main Areas of Focus
- To provide a resource for the influenza virus research community that will facilitate an understanding of the influenza virus and how it interacts with the host organism, leading to new treatments and preventive actions
- Data including:
- Influenza sequences and strains
- Avian and non-human mammalian influenza surveillance data
- Human clinical data associated with virus extracts, and phenotypic characteristics of viruses isolated from extracts
- Computational and analysis tools
- Researchers can help expand this resource by submitting data and sharing it with a wider scientific community.
Who Can Use This Resource
- Freely and publicly available to the scientific community.
How To Get Started
- Register for an account on the IRD website.
- IRD holds hands-on workshops throughout the year.