The ICSSC provides a wide range of support services to clinical investigators who are conducting international research funded by the Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (DMID), including consultation and assistance to investigators for protocol development, site assessment, data management, case report form (CRF) development, biostatistics, training, and workshops.
Main Areas of Focus
- To assist with various aspects of research planning, protocol development, and study implementation
- To provide ongoing training in clinical research for investigators
- To serve as an information resource
- To facilitate communication with a diverse and widespread community of investigators
- Protocol development
- Site assessment
- Data management
- CRF development
- Clinical research design and biostatistics
- Training and workshops
Who Can Use This Resource
- Clinical investigators must be funded by DMID.
- Research should focus on treatment, prevention, and control of infectious diseases in developing countries.
Assurance to Requestors
- All information provided to the contractor will be treated as confidential.
How To Get Started
- Request assistance on the ICSSC website.
- Requests are reviewed by the relevant program officer and by the project officer for the contract, whose approval is required before access is approved.
- Criteria used for evaluation include:
- Whether the activity is funded by DMID or is within the scope of DMID priorities
- Whether assistance will improve the research quality at the site and whether improvements will be sustainable
- The ICSSC sponsors, hosts, and organizes a variety of events, including training workshops, conferences, and site visits. Although attendance at these events is usually by invitation only, DMID-funded researchers can submit a request for an ICSSC event via the ISCSSC website.