The Microbicide Trials Network (MTN) is a NIAID-funded worldwide collaborative clinical trials network focused on preventing the sexual transmission of HIV. The MTN accepts concepts for new protocols, ancillary study proposals, secondary data analysis requests, and dataset requests.
Main Areas of Focus
- To support the development and potential licensure of microbicide products.
- To enable new ideas through a timeline-driven protocol development and implementation process.
- Secondary data analysis — requests for an analysis by the Statistical and Data Management Center (SDMC) of existing qualitative and/or quantitative study data collected in a MTN study for the purposes of writing an abstract, manuscript or other scientific publication and/or for presenting at a meeting or conference by an investigator not on the protocol team.
- Datasets — a request for data by a researcher who wants to conduct his or her own analysis.
- Ancillary study proposals — investigations not described in the original protocol that requires new data collection or additional lab sample analyses.
- Concepts for new protocols.
Who Can Use This Resource
- An MTN investigator or non-MTN investigator may propose an ancillary study, request a secondary data analysis or request a dataset.
- The MTN accepts concepts for new protocols from all interested parties.
How To Get Started
- Download and fill out the proper form from the MTN website to start your request.