The NIH 3D Print Exchange provides models in formats that are readily compatible with 3D printers, and offers a unique set of tools to create and share 3D-printable models related to biomedical science. The NIH 3D Print Exchange eliminates this gap with an open, comprehensive, and interactive website for searching, browsing, downloading, and sharing biomedical 3D print files, modeling tutorials, and educational material.
Main Areas of Focus
- To make scientifically accurate, medically applicable 3D-printable models available online
- To make available tools to create and share 3D-printable models related to biomedical science
- Tutorials and guidance on how to design and 3D print accurate molecular models using open source software and fused-filament fabrication printers
- Curated collections of printable 3D models and builds of 3D models
- Web tools that automatically generate 3D model files from 3D molecular and medical imaging data
- Users can create and share models.
Who Can Use This Resource
- Models are available for public use.
- An account must be created to share models.
How To Get Started
- Access is open to the public, but an account must be created via the NIH 3D Print Exchange website in order to share models.