The Statistical and Data Coordinating Center (SDCC) supports the Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (DMID) extramural clinical research programs. The Office of Clinical Research Resources within DMID facilitates the coordination and implementation of SDCC services.
In collaboration with DMID staff, site personnel, and other DMID partners, the SDCC services include the following:
- Statistical design and analysis expertise
- Computerized systems for the collection, management, reporting, quality control, and long-term storage of study data, including website development, access, and maintenance
- Assistance in the preparation of study-related materials and instructions such as protocols, case report forms, procedure manuals, and study reports
- A system for tracking clinical specimens
- Clinical site staff training, capability assessment and technical assistance for data collection, management, and quality control