On this page
- Contact Information
- Animal Capabilities
- Animal Models
- Imaging Capabilities
- Laboratory and Analytical Support
- cGLP or cGMP Capabilities
- Specialized Areas or Major Equipment Available
- Shared Resources Within the Institution
All containment at ABSL3
- Guinea pigs
All models are with mice:
- Francesialla tularensis (aerosol, intranasal, intradermal)
- Burkholderia pseudomallei (aerosol, intranasal, intradermal)
- Chlamydia psittaci (intranasal, ip)
- C. trachomatis [muridarum] (intravaginal)
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis (aerosol and intranasal)
- Influenza BSL-2 stains (aerosol and intranasal)
Currently approved for work with: F. tularensis, B. pseudomallei, and SARS-CoV. Anticipate adding HPAI in 2015 (currently in progress). Additional agents include MERS-CoV and others listed above.
Xenogen IVIS spectrum in BSL3, deltavision, deconvoluting live cell microscopy with environmental chamber in BSL3.
- Immunology services: Flow cytometry, cell sorting, multiplex bead array system (luminex)
- Pathology services: Sample collection, necropsy, tissue harvest and processing
- Microbiology services: Spiral plater, colony counter, NAAT systems BANG aerosol generator.
Currently cGLP capable and operational in 1 ABSL-3 suite.
FACSAria flow cytometer/cell sorter, CH Technologies nose-only bioaerosol generator (BANG, mice only), Luminex multiplex system, IVIS Spetrum, Delta Vision deconvolution microscope, RT-PCR, Perkin Elmer high throughput Janus Robots (one in BSL2, one in BSL3), Envision plate readers.
Proteomic MS facility, solid deep sequencing systems (two), affymetrix-based global transcriptomic facility, confocal microscopy systems (5), Transmission and scanning EM facility.