The NIAID HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Networks have been designed to address NIAID’s five HIV/AIDS scientific priorities.
The Networks include:
NIAID’s five HIV/AIDS scientific priorities are:
- Therapeutics for HIV/AIDS and HIV-associated infections in adults (including HIV cure, as well as co-occurring noninfectious and infectious diseases, including hepatitis and tuberculosis) (ACTG)
- HIV/AIDS and HIV-associated infections in children and mothers (IMPAACT)
- Integrated strategies to prevent HIV infection (HPTN)
- Vaccines to prevent HIV infection (HVTN)
- Microbicides to prevent HIV infection (MTN)
Each network holds two to three large meetings per year.
- Contact information for each Network can be found on their sites