The Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office (TTIPO) facilitates collaborative relationships between NIAID investigators and the broader scientific community. TTIPO staff members are experts in technology transfer and intellectual property and are NIAID’s main resource for negotiating technology transfer agreements. TTIPO also oversees and manages NIAID’s patent portfolio and licensing agreements.
Main Areas of Focus
To facilitate discovery and promote the commercialization of biomedical innovations for the betterment of public health.
TTIPO accomplishes its mission by doing the following:
- Protecting intellectual property
- Championing the development and commercialization of NIAID discoveries
- Promoting collaborations with academia, industry, nonprofits, and government agencies
- Negotiating agreements to support NIAID research programs
- Providing guidance and training on intellectual property and technology transfer
- Managing NIAID patenting and licensing activities