NIAID has been at the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical research for decades. The work performed in its labs has furthered the understanding of the immune system and led to significant advances in the fields of immunology and infectious disease research. But it's a long path from basic scientific discoveries to approved vaccines, treatments, or diagnostic tools. NIAID is constantly pursuing collaborations with industry and academia to develop its technologies and materials into products that improve public health. The Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office facilitates collaborative relationships between NIAID investigators and the broader scientific community.
- Model Agreements and Definitions
- Model Licenses and Definitions
- Licensing and Collaboration Opportunities
- Identifying Collaboration Opportunities
- Success Stories
- Recent Happenings
- Technology Transfer Fellowship Program
About the Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office
The Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office (TTIPO) furthers the Institute’s mission by fostering collaborations of NIAID scientists with partners in industry, academia, nonprofits, and other government agencies and facilitating the exchange of research materials and information. TTIPO staff members are experts in technology transfer and intellectual property and are NIAID’s main resource for negotiating technology transfer agreements. TTIPO also oversees and manages NIAID’s patent portfolio and licensing agreements.
To facilitate discovery and promote the commercialization of biomedical innovations for the betterment of public health.
TTIPO accomplishes its mission by doing the following:
- Protecting intellectual property
- Championing the development and commercialization of NIAID discoveries
- Promoting collaborations with academia, industry, nonprofits, and government agencies
- Negotiating agreements to support NIAID research programs
- Providing guidance and training on intellectual property and technology transfer
- Managing NIAID patenting and licensing activities
Address and Phone
NIAID Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office
5601 Fishers Lane, Suite 6D
Rockville, MD 20892-9804