For more information, see NIAID Human Subjects Resources.
Determine if NIH will consider proposed research to be human subjects:
- NIH Research Involving Private Information or Biological Specimens
- HHS Human Subjects Regulations Decision Charts
View how reviewers determine if proposed research has complied with human subjects requirements and the outcomes of their decisions:
- Protection of Human Subjects from Research Risk
- Inclusion of Women Plan
- Inclusion of Minorities Plan
- Children Inclusion Plan
- Data and Safety Monitoring Plan
For additional information on applying, see Research Using Human Subjects.
Numerical coding, identified in the decision trees, is assigned at peer review.