If you are proposing or conducting research on select agents or highly pathogenic agents, follow the steps on this portal to learn how to comply with federal law and NIH policy and process requirements.
1. Learn About Federalwide Select Agent Policies
- Federal Select Agent Program
- Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002
- USA Patriot Act
2. Read NIAID Information on Select Agents
- NIAID Select Agent Research Awards Process
- NIAID Biodefense and Related Programs
Reference Reading at NIAID
- NIAID Emerging Infectious Diseases/Pathogens
- Stay Informed About Policy Changes and News. Subscribe for news and alerts from NIAID and NIH.
- Research Rules & Policies
Links Beyond NIAID
- Find policy portals at NIH and CDC.
- SF 424 Application Guide
- Find other useful links beyond NIH.
- For questions about NIAID's select agent policy, see the Contacts section of the Select Agent Awards SOP.
- For science questions, talk to a program officer. See Contacting Program Officers and Grants Management Specialists.
- For public inquiries, go to Office of Biodefense Research and Surety (OBRS) - Contacts.
If you have a general question or a suggestion to improve this page, email the Office of Knowledge and Educational Resources at email@example.com.