Want to see where you will be working? Check out the videos in the playlist and resources below to see some of the facilities and locations where NIAID scientific and administrative staff work together to address the health challenges facing our nation and the world.
Why Choose NIAID
- NIAID Employee Testimonials
- Helping Our Mission
- Video portrait Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of NIAID
As a federal employee, you will enjoy numerous benefits, including generous leave; competitive pay; health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; flexible spending accounts; and retirement plans.
Find out more about the benefits available to you when you join NIAID:
- NIH Work/Life Balance
- Family Resources
- Telework at the NIH
- Federal Insurance Benefits
- New Employees’ Insurance Benefits
- Federal Employees’ Health Benefits Program
- Frequently Asked Questions on Federal Hiring
- Office of Personnel Management
- NIH Office of Human Resources
People are saying great things about NIAID and the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- 2016 Best Places To Work in the Federal Government - rankings were recently released by the Partnership for Pubic Service. HHS ranked fifth place in 2016, up from seventh place in 2015. Since 2015, the HHS index score increased by 2.5 points to 66.4 (out of 100 possible points). NIH ranked 77 out of 305 government-wide agency subcomponents, up from 81 in 2015. NIH's index score was 70, which is a 3.1 point increase from 2015.
- "Seal of Distinction" 2016 - For the third year in a row, the NIH has been recognized with the WorldatWork's Seal of Distinction. The Seal of Distinction is awarded annually to both public and private organizations nationwide that set the standard for employee engagement that leads to organizational success. The NIH was one of only six federal agencies to receive this distinction, along with 154 additional private and public sector organizations. The NIH is proud to employ a world class scientific workforce and to offer a wide variety of tools and resources to help our employees succeed in their professional and personal lives.
- Canada Gairdner Global Health Award 2016: Infectious disease expert and NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci has been awarded 2016's Global Health Award from the Gairdner Foundation for his decades of work against HIV/AIDS.
- Medicine Maker Power List 2015: Dr. Anthony Fauci, NIAID director, was selected as the #1 Medicine Maker on the 2015 Power List
- NIH Investing in Older Workers
- America’s Best Employers -2015, Forbes: NIH was selected as the 69th Best Employer in America, and the 4th Best Government Services Employer in America () on Forbes’ annual list of the 500 best employers across 25 industries. Forbes, in partnership with Statista.com, surveyed more than 20,000 American workers at large U.S. companies, nonprofit institutions, government agencies, and U.S. divisions of multinationals. Visit Forbes (link is external) for more information and to view the full list.
- World's 50 Greatest Leaders – 2015, Fortune: Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases for over 31 years, is one of only four U.S. government officials on the list of the World’s 50 Greatest Leaders, ranked at number 39. The government and the media continue to turn to Dr. Fauci, who has become America’s doctor when outbreaks such as the Ebola virus crisis hit.
- United States of America's Most Attractive Employers – 2015, Universum: The 2015 Universum Student Survey, completed by more than 81,000 undergraduate students, ranked employers most selected as “Ideal” by student respondents. NIH was ranked as the number 2 ideal employer by students majoring in the natural sciences. NIH also ranked in the top 100 in four additional categories, including 17 for humanities/liberal arts/education, 45 for engineering, and 62 for business.
New Employees & Trainees
- New Employee Onboarding
- New Employee Orientation
- Welcome Workshop Schedule
- Resources for New NIAID Trainees
- Benefits and Compensation for Trainees
- NIAID Training Experience