This page lists resources for finding grant funding opportunities outside NIH.
Use these resources to launch your own search. See the Disclaimer about external links.
To suggest a resource for the list, please email email@example.com.
- ARVO Funding Guide—list of over 200 funding opportunities for biomedical researchers. Search by keyword or sort by career stage, degree track, opportunity type, or citizenship requirements.
- CRDF Global—promotes international scientific and technical collaboration through grants, technical resources, training, and services. Go to Grants and Grantees.
- Foundation Center—Foundations Directory Online Free includes a free search tool providing public access to essential information on over 100,000 foundations. Go to Search Grantmakers.
- Grants and Funding from Science—another list of places to search for funding.
- National Science Foundation—funds research and education in most fields of science and engineering. Go to Find Funding.
- Newton's List—tool for funders and grantseekers interested in collaborative international research and education. Open to basic research funding opportunities related to the natural sciences, engineering/technology, agricultural sciences, or social sciences. Go to Search for Opportunities.
- proposalCENTRAL—e-grantmaking website shared by government, non-profit, and private grantmaking organizations. Go to Opportunities to see what's available and Application System to set up an account.
- Sustainable Sciences Institute—resources for possible research funding and seed granting programs. See Research Funding Resources.
- Many universities provide their research communities with resources to assist with finding funding opportunities. Check with your university to see if it has such a resource.
Subscription Databases and Resources
- Foundation Center—database of U.S. and global grantmakers and their grants. Go to Foundation Directory Online for information about subscription plans.
- Grant Forward—large database of sponsors including foundations, federal agencies, and institutions. To sign up for a free trial, go to Trials and Subscriptions.
- Pivot—comprehensive global source of funding opportunities. For a free trial, go to Request Information About Pivot.
- Research Professional—database of funding opportunities that is adjusted to meet individual needs.