This page lists resources for finding grant funding opportunities outside NIH.
Use these resources to launch your own search. See the Disclaimer about external links.
To suggest a resource for the list, please email email@example.com.
- ARVO—Research Awards, Grants, and Fellowships.
- CRDF Global—funds projects with the goal of advancing civilian-oriented science and entrepreneurship around the globe. Go to Funding Opportunities.
- Science—Where to Search for Funding—a list of places to search for information on funding programs.
- National Science Foundation—funds research and education in most fields of science and engineering. Go to Find Funding.
- Online Partnership to Accelerate Research (OnPAR)—provides innovative and exceptional research applications with a second opportunity for funding. Private foundations, pharmaceutical companies, and other private funders review research ideas submitted for consideration. Go to New Researcher Registration.
- proposalCENTRAL—e-grantmaking website shared by government, non-profit, and private grantmaking organizations. Go to Opportunities to see what's available and Create an Account to get started.
- Sustainable Sciences Institute—supports scientific and public health communities in resource-poor settings to develop sustainable local research and public health systems. See Research Funding Resources.
- Many universities provide their research communities with resources to assist with finding funding opportunities. Check with your university to see if it has such a resource.
Subscription Databases and Resources
- Foundation Center—database of U.S. and global grantmakers and their grants. Go to Foundation Directory Online for information about subscription plans.
- Grant Forward—large database of sponsors including foundations, federal agencies, and institutions. To sign up for a free trial, go to Start a Free Trial on GrantForward.
- Pivot—comprehensive global source of funding opportunities. To register, go to Create your Pivot Account.
- Research Professional—database of funding opportunities that is adjusted to meet individual needs.