The Twinbrook Imaging Facility has two state-of-the-art laser scanning confocal systems to image live cell specimens. The Zeiss LSM 780 is a multiplatform system capable of spectral imaging, intravital imaging, fluorescence lifetime measurements and fluorescence correlation spectroscopy. The LSM 880 is equipped with the super-resolution Airyscan detector and the FAST system, allowing it to achieve close to video rate recording speeds with a single color.
Zeiss LSM 880 Airyscan with FAST
Located in Fishers, room 4S06A.
- Multi-color imaging from near ultraviolet (DAPI-like dyes) through the visible spectrum
- Five excitation laser lines (405, 488, 514, 561, and 633 nm)
- One transmitted light photomultiplier (PMT) detector, one standard PMT, one GAsP PMT, and one cooled PMT for increased sensitivity for red fluorophores
- 32 channel Airyscan detector for ~2x resolution improvement (resolves structures at ~125nm)
- FAST system to increase scanning speed 4x, maintaining a 1.5x resolution improvement and providing up to 27 frames per second acquisition time for a single color.
- 20, 40, 63, and 100x objective lenses
- Computer-controlled micromanipulator and microinjector for chemotaxis experiments
- OKOlabs environmental control: heat, CO2, and humidity
Zeiss LSM 780 with Coherent Chameleon Ultra II
The Zeiss LSM 780 is located in Fishers 5625, room 4S06F.
- Coherent Chameleon Ultra II Ti Sapphire multi-photon laser, tunable from 680-1080 nm
- Six excitation laser lines (405, 440, 488, 514, 561, and 633 nm) for standard confocal imaging
- One transmitted light PMT detector, one standard PMT, one 32-channel GAsP spectral detector and one cooled PMT for increased sensitivity for red fluorophores
- Simultaneous spectral imaging of 34 channels
- 10, 20, 40, 63, and 100x objective lenses
- Environmental control: heat, CO2, and humidity
- Two high-speed hybrid GaAsP detectors (Becker and Hickl, HPM-100-40) for FLIM and time-correlated single photon counting (TCSPC)
- Four non-descanned detectors for intravital imaging.
- LSM Inverter arm and 20x water dipping or 40x water (coverslip) lenses for intravital imaging
- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy