OCM serves as a service center for committee management functions.
- Operates 29 advisory committees, including SEPs
- Guides staff regarding policies and procedures
- Administers three Scientific Review and Evaluation Activities: payment mechanism for reviewers and costs of review meetings
- Administers NIAID Council meetings and operations
- Prepares committee-related reports
- Oversees conflict of interest issues related to committees
- Provides ethics training to members of the Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council and the Council and Board of Scientific Counselors for all service center clients
- Provides services to the National Eye Institute, the National Human Genome Research Institute, the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research and the Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council
Learn more about the rest of the Division of Extramural Research at About DEA.