- Leads and coordinates responses to correspondence, requests, and data calls from the NIAID Office of the Director and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Extramural Research.
- Leads and coordinates developing, implementing and disseminating policy, procedures, and other guidance related to extramural program activities.
- Develops and implements systems, procedures, and operations aimed at improving the effectiveness and mitigating the risks of NIAID extramural activities, including managing the NIAID director’s and DEA director’s extramural conflicts of interests and recusals.
- Oversees and provides advice on extramural policies and procedures—including peer review appeals, application submission, and special grant programs—to the extramural community and NIAID staff.
- Oversees and coordinates activities related to compliance with requirements for biodefense-related research, including dual use research of concern, Research Using Select Agents, and biohazards.
- Coordinates the planning of NIAID extramural activities, including the phasing and review of research initiatives, with DEA offices and programs, other divisions within the Institute, and the NIH Office of the Director.
- Serves as the NIAID coordinator and Guide Liaison for the NIH Funding Opportunity Announcement Management (FOAM) system, including the early notification of all non-NIAID funding opportunities and Notices and all negotiations with the NIH Guide staff.
- Serves as the liaison with the NIH Office of Extramural Research and Center for Scientific Review.
- Performs a full range of activities necessary for final scientific and programmatic review of all initiatives by the National Advisory Allergy and Infectious Diseases Council. Coordinates scientific and programmatic presentations and other subcommittee activities of Council and all aspects of the Electronic Council Book.
- Coordinates within DEA and program divisions to prepare for the final review of grant applications by the National Advisory Allergy and Infectious Diseases Council.
- Coordinates all activities regarding the submission of applications by NIAID intramural program, including creation of eRA Commons accounts and submission of applications to Grants.gov.
Go to Division of Extramural Activities to learn more about DEA.