- Plays a critical role to conduct meetings for four chartered review committees and special emphasis panels that provide peer review for applications and proposals that address NIAID-specific needs, i.e., Solicited, NIAID-Requested Research, Research Projects (R), Program Projects (P), Cooperative Agreements (U), Research Career Development Awards (K), institutional Training Grants (T), Conference Awards (R13 and U13), and Contracts (N01)
- Participates in initiative development for scientific peer review
- Advises the program divisions during the initiative development process, as needed
- Performs quality control from the scientific peer review perspective for Funding Opportunity Announcements
- Formulates and guides peer review strategies
- Coordinates review activities with Office of Committee Management
- Conducts grantsmanship/outreach seminars for the community
Learn more about the rest of Division of Extramural Activities at About DEA.